April 4, 2010

April 4


I actually took this picture on Friday after we went to the temple.

But since this weekend was General Conference, I thought it was fitting for today.

When I was younger, I didn't really like General Conference. And then when I was about 14, all of a sudden I loved it. I want to share some of the things I wrote done during the sessions. They aren't exact quotes, just close quotes.

  • Personal revelation comes when we prepare for it, ask for it and trust that it will come. (Julie Beck)
  • We will still experience disappointment, but we will not be disappointed in ourselves. (Julie Beck)
  • Mothers-When it comes to matters of the heart and things of the Lord, she has a wealth of knowledge. (M Russell Ballard)
  • Satan is always working to undermine women's greatest role to nurture. (M Russell Ballard)
  • A strong spiritual foundation can make a difference of a lifetime (Henry B Eyring)
  • The Book of Mormon speaks to the spirit and the heart of the reader like no other book. (David A Bednar)
  • Many influences may not be technically evil, but blunt our judgement. (Jeffery R Holland)
  • The only real control is self-control. (Jeffery R Holland)
  • We often confuse the sin with the sinner and condemn too soon and have no compassion. (Dieter F Uchtdorf)
  • Every soul we meet is a VIP to our Father. (Dieter F Uchtdorf)
  • Even if you have a giant battle ahead, I do not want you to lose your faith in Jesus Christ. (Thomas S Monson)

No comments:

Post a Comment