August 22, 2010

August 19



Christopher got himself in a pickle today by almost being in an accident that could have easily been horrible.

I was working on my classroom when he called me to tell me that he had been in an accident. He has done this before where he was just joking (don't cry wolf, Christopher) so I didn't believe him at first. But he sounded pretty shaken up so it didn't take me long to realize that he wasn't.

I know how much that I love Chris and I don't need something like this to happen to remind me of that. But after we got off the phone I might have sat at my desk and cried a little bit before I had to go to a meeting.

What is interesting is the prayer I had said just the night before. I always pray that everyone in my family will be safe. I think the thing that scares me the most is that something will happen to someone. But I prayed for that again, and then I basically said "I am not just saying this. I really mean it. Everybody has to stay safe." And if to show me that he heard me, Heavenly Father kept Chris safe.

Like I said, it could have been horrible. (It did involve an 18-wheeler.) Chris and the car he was driving were 100% fine physically. Maybe not Chris mentally. But I am grateful to Heavenly Father for watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment