August 19, 2010

August 9


So while we were sitting in the heat on Saturday, Chris and I had this conversation.

Me: You know what we should do on Monday, but we really shouldn't do?
Chris: What
Me: Go to Schlitterbahn

Chris ran with it. He texted Megan who got her shift covered in record time. While I tried to back out, I was informed that they were going, with or without me. So I decided to just go. It was going to be my last day of freedom for a while.

Chris, Megan, Mitchell and I went to Schiltterbahn. It was really crowded. We got there before the park opened and claimed a picnic table. Then we took the tram to the other part of the park to ride the Master Blaster, America's favorite water ride (pictured above). We figured that the line would be short that way. No such luck.

We ended up going back later and stood in line for 90 minutes. I didn't think it was that amazing. I didn't getting any thrills. What stinks is that the people right behind us in line got stuck and the ride was shut down for like 20 minutes. I am so glad we missed that.

Mitchell was pretty funny towards the end of the day. He was getting really tired and started clinging to everyone.

On the drive home, I tried to sleep as much as I could, since I was starting work the next day. Megan kept Chris awake in the front seat. It was a fun day and I am 100% sure we will be going back next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment