May 3, 2010

April 30

Today is Chris's graduation day. We had planned to go to Utah, but the decided not to and use the money to take a trip someone more exciting within the next year. Well, I didn't want him to miss the graduation experience, so I threw him a surprise graduation party/dinner with our families with the help of his stepmom and Megan.

It was fun and hot. Everyone was sweating. Everyone did so good keeping a secret. But on Friday I wanted the car to do some last minute shopping for the party. I had already told him I would help him do some real estate stuff so I used that as an excuse to leave without him. But my mistake was just saying I had some errands to run. He started to get suspicious and had himself convinced that I was throwing him a party. But then I came back home and Megan came to get get him to distract him while I decorated.

Megan and I started making plans about what we would do later that night (after I was done making dinner for someone, wink wink.) Then he got depressed when he realized that he wasn't really getting a party so he goes "I thought you were throwing me a party" with the saddest face ever. To which I smiled and Megan says "You are such a bad liar." I think I would have been able to recover. But I did convince him that we were throwing him a party but it wasn't until next week.

I thought for sure he saw through it, but I guess not. It was a fun party and his family was glad to be a part of his graduation. We even had him put on a cap and gown (from high school) and walk across the garage to get his diploma.

No comments:

Post a Comment