May 10, 2010

May 8


We went crabbing today in Sargent, Texas, which is on the Gulf. We went with Chris's MeMaw, his Mom and sister Jesica. I've never been before, but it is something that Chris and his family did often when he was growing up.

Basically, you tie a drumstick on a string with a weight and throw it in the water. Then you wait a bit and pull the string up very slowly with a net nearby. When it gets closer to the surface, you put the net under the chicken and hopefully you've caught yourself a crab.

It wasn't hot enough for the crabs on Saturday, so we didn't catch so many. We still got 10 of them. But we accidently killed them on the way home so we didn't get to eat them. Not that Chris would anyways. I've had crabs before when we visit my Grandma in Maryland. I love them!

I want to go again this summer and we'll make sure we get to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment