January 27, 2010

January 26

Adison's last full day at home before his mission. We went to eat at Rancho Grande and played some Super Mario Borthers for the Wii.

Then Adison got set apart by the Stake President. He is now known as Elder McClellan. The Stake President asked us family to give one simple piece of advice to Adison. He was told to be obedient, share his testimony, remember it's the Lord's work and love the people you serve among. (Charleah and Sammie-tell me what you told him).  I cried for the first time and it will not be the last.
Now for the pictures. We took our last pictures dressed up with Adison. So there's Mom, Dad and Adison.

A long time ago, we noticed that Adison would tuck in his shirt into his pajama pants. We tried to figure out why he did it and he wouldn't tell us. Eventually he told us that when his shirt was tucked in, it meant he was ready for bed. He was ready for bed last night. But he stayed up late enough for me to show him what happens when you save Toad on Super Mario Brothers. Even though it took me forever.

Finally, the matching ties. Chris and Adison got the same tie for Christmas. They swore they would never wear them together. I guess it is embarrassing for guys to wear the same clothing, even though they are both wearing white shirts. I noticed that Chris was wearing this orange tie, so I told Adison I wanted to pick out his tie. When they noticed, it was not pretty. At least I got them to pose for this picture before Adison changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment