March 14, 2010

March 13


This is the grossest picture of me ever. I swear I do not have a double chin (see March 9) but I had my head pulled back.

Here's the story. Chris came home last Saturday and declared that he wanted to run a 5k every Saturday (not necessarily a race, just the distance). He said that it would force him to train during the week for it.

At first I didn't want to commit to it. But I decided to hold him to it. So I woke Chris up Saturday morning and 1 1/2 later he was out of bed and we were running. I mapped out a course for us on Map My Run.

We had to run through a trail a bit to get into another neighborhood and I wasn't sure where it started so we actually ended up running 3.62 miles (instead of 3.1). This is the furthest distance I have ever run at once. If I calculate my time for 3.1 miles based on my speed, I shaved about 1:30 minutes off my race time from last July. I am pretty excited about that.

Second Run: This Saturday. I want to shave 2 minutes off this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment