March 7, 2010

March 5


I had my first experience subbing this week. One Thursday I subbed for a math class where the classes just watched a movie. On Friday I subbed for a physics class that had to take a test.

Seriously, so many students tried to cheat. But I stopped it before they could. Mostly they tried to sneak their review sheets onto their desk or under their chair- but I just picked them up so they didn't have them. I am such a mean sub.

I am supposed to be at the school at 6:45- but I was afraid there would be traffic so I got up even earlier. I was so tired on Friday that I went to bed at 7pm.

Also, I didn't got to Magnolia West; I went to Magnolia. But the high school is laid out almost exactly like Magnolia. So it felt like I was in high school again- which I don't like.

After this experience, I am so glad that I have the option of teaching elementary by passing the test. Not that I wouldn't like teaching high school. If I had my own class and I would establish my own classroom rules and procedures. But elementary kids are so much cuter and don't really know how to give you much attitude yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment