December 29, 2010

December 9


More Christmas decorations I grew up with: Santa. Mom loves him and because of that, I do too. And do I believe in Santa Claus? Yes, I do. In high school, I did a oratory piece about how Santa Claus could be real. In the piece, my dad was explaining to me how Santa Claus couldn't possibly be real. But in the end of it I showed him. (I made it to finals in Oratory with this speech.)

Here is my view on Santa Claus. There isn't just one. Santa Claus is basically an angel. And it is possible that any one of us can be angels. There are angels all around us at Christmas time. We have angel trees and food banks and so many people who dedicate their time and money and efforts to make Christmas better for those who need it.

"Heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind." Jeffery R Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment