December 27, 2010

November 19


The last two days at school were the hardest days of my life. We had a mock TAKS. And really, you might say "But Randi, the kids were just taking a test. How could that be hard?"

Because they have no attention span. Who wants to sit and take a MOCK test. No one. Once they finished the test, I had tons of stuff for them to do. Crosswords, word searches, coloring pages, blank paper, books and sleep! But of course they didn't want to do any of that for hours. And I don't really blame them.

I am not looking forward to the real test. Because they aren't allowed to do anything after the test except sit at their desk and  stare at the wall.

But, guess what today was? My last day of school before Thanksgiving break. I had a full week. As soon as the day was over, I was singing the song "Thank God I am Free."

Breaks are much needed for teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment